Monday, June 27, 2011

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ's Wedding

Hey everyone,

Saturday, June 25, 2011, was my Uncle Greg's wedding to his girlfriend BJ. Let me start off by saying that of all the girls my uncle has ever been with that I've known, BJ is my favorite (thankfully, she's his favorite too :) BJ and Uncle Greg have a lot in common, and BJ is very easy to get along with. She's nice and considerate, and my Uncle Greg's two sons seem to love her, too (and she loves them... which I say is pretty impressive since she didn't have to lol ;)

I was a bridesmaid in their wedding at Anchor Baptist Church. On Friday night, we had a rehersal, and we set up the reception hall and had dinner. The following day, my mom and I arrived at the church at 11:00 even though the wedding didn't start until 2:30. (My mom was a bridesmaid too) We got ready, and then it was time for pictures. We took pictures for a while, and then it was time for the wedding. I don't have a whole lot of pictures from it yet (they had a professional photographer who is supposed to be giving them their pictures shortly), but I do have some. My dress was "Key Lime Green", and I had a pretty bouquet. But BJ looked the best out of all of us. She had a holter-top grown that had pearls and different little white-ish jewels sewn in designs across the dress and the train.

I ended up walking down the aisle with my cousin, GW (my uncle's oldest son). During the reception, we kept acting like we were going to beat each other up, but we behaved during the ceremony.

The reception was great, too. I must say that I was loving the "Wedding Party gets first dibs on the food" rule. The DJ was also really good.

Here are some pics:

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ dancing the first dance

Aunt BJ and Uncle Greg at the Reception Hall

Aunt BJ, Uncle Greg, and Uncle Greg's Best Man, Uncle Jim

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ cutting the cake

The epic cake topper, that is more truthful than you'd think ;)

Aunt BJ

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ stuffing cake in each other's faces

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ

Uncle Greg and Aunt BJ cutting their cake

My bridesmaid dress

The shoes I had to wear

Me in my dress, with my bouquet, with my hair and makeup done for the wedding

My beautiful bouquet :D

My Uncle Jim (my Uncle Greg's Best Man) and me

The Grandkids (l-r): my brother Bowen, Cousin Zac, Me, Cousin GW, Cousin CJ

Uncle Greg's side of the family (l-r): my dad Jay, my mom Tina, my brother Bowen, my cousin GW, my cousin Zac, my grandpa Dan, my uncle Greg, my aunt BJ, my grandma Becky, Me, my cousin CJ, my aunt Arleen, my uncle Jim

The Ceremony (l-r): my mom Tina, me, my aunt BJ's niece Amber, my aunt BJ, my uncle Greg, my uncle Jim, my cousin GW, my cousin Zac

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. The second pic of you looks green. I like it. The first pic looks like a pastelly yellow :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually the green color. I think the first one was a problem with the lighting in my room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idk if it's just your room, all the bridesmaids in your new pics are wearing yellow :P I definitely like the green better though. It's not as bad as you said! D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a toss up between green and yellow-green... but the dress is definitely NOT yellow. It's "Key Lime". Take the "lime" color and blend it with yellow. You have my dress color.

    ReplyDelete