Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Got My License... And My Parents Got Me A CAR!!! :D

Hey everyone,

Yesterday was a HUGE day for me. I got both my driver's license and a car! My dad and I had practiced maneuverability several, several times, but we only practiced going to the left. My instructor made me go to the right. Seriously. I even asked him if I could go left, and he said no. So I went right, trying to do everything that I had learned for the left the exact opposite for the right... and I passed maneuverability without missing a single point. Afterwards, my instructor laughed and asked me why I was so nervous going right, because I aced it. I was so excited! :D

Then we went on the driving portion... and it went great! We mostly just went through some neighborhoods, and then we went back to the BMV. I even parked it straight at the end of the test (which is a huge accomplishment in itself for me). We went back inside, and my instructor told me to sit in the waiting room, and that he'd meet with me shortly. I knew I had passed, even though at that point in time, I didn't know my score. I went over and told my dad that I had passed, and then we waited for my instructor (and my dad was just about as excited as I was :)

When the instructor came out to meet with my dad and me he said "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" I immediately said "bad". Then the instructor said "You didn't give me a pen to mark down any mistakes. But the good news is you didn't make any mistakes, so I didn't need the pen anyways. You scored a perfect." I was so freaking excited.

Then we went to sit and wait with everyone else in the BMV... but thankfully it didn't take too long. I got my picture taken, and I got my license :D

My License!!! :D
Then I drove us home, and I barely had time to call my mom and tell her I passed before we had to get on the road. Once we turned onto my court, my dad pulled out his iPod and started recording me. He said "I think I speak for both your Mom and myself when I say congratulations and I hope you like it..." just as we pulled into view of my new car sitting in the driveway with a large bow on the front and I freaked out. My mom was standing there with the camera and then all of the kids on the court, and a lot of their friends (probably about 20 kids in total) jumped out and yelled "Surprise!". It was epically awesome.

My New Car: A 1999 Honda Civic
I love it! :D

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment