In case you haven't been around the blogging world lately, blog buttons are an extremely popular way for sharing blogs. Blog buttons are small square boxes that contain some kind of graphic, and the title of the blog. On the blog it represents, a copy code will be featured under the blog. This can be copied into other blogs and it will link back to the home blog. Here are some examples from book blogs around the web:
Madame Bookworm's Button us one of my favorites I've seen so far. It's very visually appealing.... it's simple, but neat.
I'm don't care a whole lot for Awesome Bookworm's button (right)... it's too small and dark.
Personally, I feel that this button is very boring. Anyhoo, now you kind of have an idea of what blog buttons look like. The idea behind blog buttons is that you try to convince people to post this to their blogs, and that will boost your credibility with search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing and Ask, which will put you higher in the search results. After all, most people don't look beyond the first page or two of search results. If your not at the top, it's not likely you'll be found.
There isn't some kind of site that you can just easily create a blog button, though. You have to make it from scratch. So that's what I did. I searched for tutorials to teach me how, and I copied the coding from a tutorial, but other than that, everything is mine. That's part of the reason I'm so excited.
For the blog button for Wisdom From A Teenage Bookworm (http://www.bookwormwisdom.blogspot.com), the book blog I have with my friends, I used a photo that I actually took myself, because I didn't want to take the chance of liability issues with copyrights. I actually used Picnik to edit the photo and to resize it to fit the standard blog button size.
So, without further ado, here is a picture of my blog button:
Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment