![]() |
| One Cover of Lament By Maggie Steifvater |
Last night I started the novel Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater. I have read two other novels by Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver and Linger, and loved them. I thought this novel sounded really good- I first paid attention to it when I saw a post on Maggie Stiefavter's blog, and the post was http://maggiestiefvater.blogspot.com/2011/01/italians-lingering-and-whispering.html. This novel so far (I'm only on page 126 so far) is about a girl named Deirdre who can see the fae. Deirdre is also an amazingly talented musician, and the Faerie Queen fears that Deirdre's music might outshine her own, so she sends an assassin after Deirdre. The Problem? Luke, the assassin, seems interested in Deirdre (or is he simply playing with her mind???). Deirdre is interested in Luke. James, Deirdre's best friend, wants to make sure Deirdre is safe no matter what. And the rest of the fae want to steal Deirdre away.
The back of the book description:
Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a prodigiously gifted musician. She's about to find out she's also a cloverhand- one who can see faeries.
Unexpectedly, Deirdre finds herself infatuated with a mysterious boy who enters her ordinary life, seemingly out of thin air. Trouble is, the enigmatic and gorgeous Luke turns out to be a gallowgass- a soulless faerie assassin- and his interest in her might be something darker than summer romance. A sinister faerie named Aodhan is also stalking Deirdre. They both carry the same assignment from the Faerie Queen, one that forces Dee right into the midst of Faerie. Caught in the crossfire with Deirdre is James, her wisecracking but loyal best friend.
Deirdre had been wishing her summer wasn't so dull, but taking on a centuries-old Faerie Queen isn't exactly what she had in mind.
![]() |
| Another Cover of Lament by Maggie Stiefvater |
Praise for Lament:
"Full of the fierce and the fey, Lament is musical, magical, and radiating romance."
-Cynthia Leitich Smith, Author of Tantalize
"With her lyrical writing, Maggie Steifvater reimagines myths and legends to bring the world of Faerie to our own."
-Richelle Mead, New York Times Bestselling Author of the Vampire Academy Series
Maggie Stiefvater's Website: http://www.maggiestiefvater.com/
To Order Lament From Barnes & Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lament/Maggie-Stiefvater/e/9780738713700/?itm=2&USRI=lament+by+maggie+steifvater
To Order Ballad, The Sequel To Lament From Barnes & Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ballad/Maggie-Stiefvater/e/9780738714844/pwb=1


No comments:
Post a Comment