![]() |
| Here's a picture of the weird eye-tester thing that the Eye Doctor used to test my vision |
Hey everyone,
This is totally random, but today I had an eye doctors appointment at 8:30 in the morning. The eye doctor told me my vision has gotten even worse than it was last year (no big surprise there). For anyone who doesn't know, I'm Myopic, meaning I'm nearsighted (not able to see things far away...a lot of people get the two types- nearsighted and farsighted- confused). Myopic sounds more serious though. Anyhoo, my right eye is a bit worse than my left eye, but I can't remember the exact numbers the doc gave me. I didn't hear any fractions though, like 20/20, even though I meant to ask for that (I forgot).
The first time I got glasses was in the 8th grade, when I was 13 years old. At the time I only needed a very weak perscription, and I didn't need to wear my glasses all the time. Last year, when I went in for my yearly vision screening, I was told my vision was worse, and instead of a new pair of glasses, I asked for contacts. Unfortunately, I must have been allergic to my contacts or something because they made my eyes red and watery and uncomfortable. The weird thing is they didn't bother me until about two months of wearing them. After that I just said forget it, I use my glasses. Now I have to try and use my glasses anytime I want to see anything at all in class, and it hurts my eyes to have to squint through them (those are the glasses from 8th grade). In one week, however, I'll get my new glasses and be able to see XD
The eye doctor also said that now I have to wear my glasses all the time. This is the first time I've been told this. Well, I guess he didn't say that I had to exactly. His exact words were "You have to wear your glasses anytime you want to see further away than 10 feet." Seeing as I would always like to be able to see further away than 10 feet, I just went with the assumption that I'll have to wear my glasses all the time.
I'll be sure to post pictures of me in my new glasses next week when I get them! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment