Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Crazy Amount of AP Homework I Have To Do This Summer, But That I'm Yet To Start...

Hey everyone,

So, I've been putting off this insanely large amount of homework that I have to do this summer for my AP English III and AP European History classes. I didn't feel like doing anything for the month of June, because I felt like after an entire school year, I had earned a month off. Now it's July, and I still don't want to do it. But I have a feeling that if I wait till August I'll regret it.

For AP English III:
1.) Read the instuctional part of On Writing by Stephen King found on pages 111-249. Take detailed notes. You will need to turn in your handwritten notes on the first day of school, and you will have a test over the required reading.

2.) Read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Take notes on how Stephen King's lessons apply to Gruen's writing. You will need to turn in your handwritten notes on the first day of school, and you will have a test over the required reading.

3.) Know the definitions of all the summer reading terminology below. Be able to recognize them through examples. This will be apart of your summer reading test.
     -1st Person
     -2nd Person
     -3rd Person
     -Alliteration
     -Euphemism
     -Metaphor
     -Personification
     -Simile
     -Situational Irony
     -Symbolism
     -Verbal Irony
     -Adjective
     -Adverb
     -Antecedent
     -Infinitive
     -Noun
     -Predicate
     -Pronoun
     -Subject

For AP European History:
1.) Answer 34 research questions (that I don't feel like typing out) that covers European History before 1450 (where the class picks up).

2.) Read Chapters 1 & 2 of your class text A History Of The Modern World by Palmer, Colton, and Kramer and write a synopsis of at most one typed page for each chapter.

3.) Read the two packets given to you by Mr. Matejic with exerpts from A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman and The Black Death and the Transformation of the West by David Herlihy and write the following:
a.) One typed page on the impact of the Black Death on European Society.
b.) Two typed pages describing the economic, political, and cultural structure of society during the Late Middle Ages, paying extra attention to family, the church, chivalry, and peasants.

4.) All writing assignments must include paranthetical references (Author, pg. #). All assignments are due the first day of school.

Sometime this summer, I will have to tackle it :P

Ciao

1 comment:

  1. This made me tired and bored just looking at it :/ I haven't started either. AND I NEVER WANT TO :'(

    ReplyDelete