![]() |
| Cover Art of Last Sacrifice, Coming Out December 7, 2010 |
I can't wait for December 7th! :D The sixth and final Vampire Academy novel by Richelle Mead is coming out. I've read the other five, and loved them. I've been waiting since I finished Spirit Bound, the fifth book in the spring when it came out. Spirit Bound ended on such a cliffhanger (but I won't ruin it for you :). This book looks like it is going to be one of the best. I can't really post what it's supposed to be about without ruining the other books, so I'll just say you should read them if you're a fan of YA Fantasy/Romance. (If not, this may not be your series lol)
The series, in a very brief overview, is about two vampire races, which are based on Romanian folklore. These two races are the Moroi (the "alive" not so evil vamps) and the Strogoi (the evil dead vamps). All vampires start out as Moroi, who are born. In order to become Strogoi, a Moroi must either willing murder another person by draining them of blood, or being forceably changed by a Strogoi. There is also the Dhampirs, who are half human, half Moroi. Dhampirs are the guardians for the Moroi because of their amazing fighting abilities. They seem to have gotten the best from both races. Funny enough though, no humans even know about Moroi (they stopped associating and intermarrying hundreds of years ago). For whatever weird reason, Dhampirs can only be born with one parent being a Moroi and the other being a Dhampir. If two Moroi have a child, it is a Moroi. If two Dhampirs have a child...well, it's not going to happen. For whatever other weird reason, two Dhampirs are not gentically able to have a child together. Anyways, the story surrounds around Rose, who is this strong, completely amazing Dhampir who is her best friend Lissa Dragomir (a Moroi)'s guardian. Rose encounters many problems, such as falling for her mentor, a 24-year old Russian guy named Dimitri (Team Dimitri XD). The series is incredible, and that's just a brief overview.
The books (in order) are Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Shadow Kissed, Blood Promise, Spirit Bound, and Last Sacrifice. Richelle Mead also said that she is planning on doing a spin-off series based on the Vampire Academy books.

No comments:
Post a Comment