![]() |
| Cover Art for Ink Exchange |
As soon as I finished the novel Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr, I rushed to find out what the next book in the series was. When I found Ink Exchange, I was hesitant to read it. I had fallen in love with Aislinn, Seth, Keenan and Donia in the first novel and wasn’t sure if I would enjoy a companion novel in which the four didn’t star. So, I hate to admit it, but I skipped Ink Exchange and went straight for Fragile Eternity, the true “sequel” to Wicked Lovely. DO NOT MAKE MY MISTAKE. By holding off on Ink Exchange I missed out for a while on an amazing novel. I honestly (for reasons I still don’t know) didn’t expect a whole lot out of this book…but that doesn’t mean I didn’t receive a whole lot. If you decide to skip to Fragile Eternity like I did, then not only are you missing out on a great novel, but you also a missing out on some of the things that happened in the faerie world in the companion novel. Aislinn, Seth, Keenan and (kinda) Donia are still in this novel. They just aren’t the main focus…which means things are still happening to them.
Well, as for the story itself…our main character is a mortal girl named Leslie who is a close friend of Aislinn’s. Leslie’s life has been in turmoil ever since her mother abandoned her, her father, and her brother. Her father took to not caring, and her brother became a drug dealer. Her brother even permitted for her to be attacked by other dealers. Because of all the messed up things in her life, Leslie feels that she needs to find a way too reclaim her life and reclaim her body. She decides that the best way to do that is through a tattoo. By marking her body with her own ideas, she felt as though she were claiming herself. But little did Leslie know that the tattoo that she was about to get was no ordinary tattoo. It is known as an ink exchange, and it binds her to a faerie, in this case the Dark King Irial, and the faerie can feed off of the mortal’s negative emotions. But a complication comes up when Leslie also catches the attention of Keenan’s advisor, Niall, who wishes to protect Leslie from not only the Dark Court, but also from himself. Now it’s time for Leslie to truly stand up and claim herself as her own.
I really loved this novel. The writing was amazing, and I loved the message that the novel gave…No matter what happens, you always have choices. This book is outstanding, you’ll regret it if you skip it, and I would recommend it to any teen paranormal/fae romance lovers.

No comments:
Post a Comment