Friday, February 25, 2011

Renaissance Breakfast At School (It's an Incentive Thingy)

Hey everyone,

Today during second period, there was the Renaissance Breakfast that occurs at the beginning of each new semester to reward students who did well the previous semester. There are three levels of cards: Gold being the highest, Black the middle, and White being the lowest. (Our school colors are Gold and Black- white just goes with everything). In order to get a Gold card, you have to have at least a 3.8 GPA ,1 or less absences/tardies and no discipline issues. In order to get a Black card, you have to have at least a 3.5 GPA, 2 or less absences/tardies, and no discipline issues. In order to get a White card, you have to have at least a 3.0 GPA, 3 or less absences/tardies, and no discipline issues.

I got a Gold Card, which means I get some pretty cool rewards. I get a free parking pass for the 2011-2012 school year (yay, because I'll finally be driving! :-), free admission to Quest Games (Fall) (which I get into for free anyways because I'm on the Yearbook Staff), free admission to home games (again, which I get into for free anyways because I'm on the Yearbook Staff), discount on dance ticket (this one is cool- I only get discounts sometimes), discount on the yearbook (since I'm on the Yearbook Staff, I get my yearbook for half off anyways), and 10% off any spirit items in the school store (which is the coolest thing besides the free parking pass- which is normally like $50).

At the breakfast, all of us Renaissance students got free donuts and our choice of drink (orange juice, chocolate milk, or regular milk), and got to sit around and talk for the hour in a social-type deal. It's fun, and we all love the donuts :-)

2 comments: