Today there was an American Red Cross Blood Drive at my high school. It was sponsored by our Student Council (which I am apart of). The Red Cross has a rule that only those sixteen and up can donate, and those who are only sixteen years old must have a parent/legal guardian sign a form saying they're allowed to. Because of problems with forged signatures, the school district I go to decided to only allow those seventeen and older to donate. Because of this I won't be able to donate until I'm a Senior. Even though I can't donate, I still like to help. I volunteered with other Student Council members to help run the blood drive. I worked the food table (which the Red Cross people call the "cantine"). This means I made sure that those who were donating were eating and drinking enough to help keep them from passing out. I also talked to those who looked like they were going to pass out, to help keep them awake. I have worked every blood drive the Student Council has had since I came to the high school. I think that makes four blood drives now. I also get community service hours from helping, which is nice too.

No comments:
Post a Comment